Wednesday 3 February 2010

Influences

These are just a few of the things that influence me.


This is a piece of art done by Swifty Typografix. Currently an artist that im really into, his style is so unique, but very effective. I love the way he work, like his fonts have that jazz feel to them. The colour ways that he uses when he works are very nice and clean. I've started to study his style and tried to work around some pieces of his that influence me.

The Hundreds. This is a clothing make based in LA, and i always follow there blog. I've took a strong liking to their clothing, and it gives me idea's for my clothing which im currently working on. The logo above which is shown, is "Adam Bomb" I just love the simplicity, but the red and yellow 'bang' effect make it much more effective and appealing.

Here is a picture of a music producer, called 'SamiYam' He makes like experimental/hip-hop instrumentals. I've put him as an influence because his music is different from anyone else's in his genre field. Which makes me think, if its capable in music, why not anything else? When i listen to his music, i just zone out and like to sketch/design a few things!

Super Mario World - SNES. A big game which i still play to this day, love the comparison of graphics on a Super Nintendo, in juxtaposition to say a PS3, which now runs on High Def graphics. I still have got a strong love for the retro consoles, like SNES, Sega Mega Drive, Atari etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment